domenica 24 aprile 2022

 Take the moon


By Vincenzo Calafiore

25 April 2022 Udine



It was late summer, the deserted beaches returned to the wind, low clouds on the horizon and a sea that made itself heard roaring in the white foam on the shore.

When barefoot, pants rolled up to the knee, I walked aimlessly accompanied and preceded by seagulls, always in the same distance, in front!

I turned around and saw my footprints, imprinted on the damp sand, as if to reveal my presence, in that primordial world.

Immediately, I should have erased everything about you, I was about to do it, but there was something in me that prevented it and made me go back to the beach at the same time "Canusa"!

The road winds through patches of oleander and fragrant jasmine flowers, along the sea it cuts through the gullies that fall on the coast, here is the "Canusa" beach, the boats lying on their sides, and seagulls looking at the sea from the shore, like me inside a sunset in front of an immense sea like an ocean!

Where are you?

What are you doing?

Yet so graceful news you were one day in my life!

We slowly drifted away from our lives that once touched the sky, attracting each other, looking for each other, loving each other! A time of magical visions; then in just one day you became - story -!

A personal memory told to the sea in my nights of little life. The sea calms down as if it were listening to me when I talked to it about you, about that love of mine that made me tremble just to touch it; and so in the same way as he, the sea, loves the beach so I loved you, and it wasn't enough to make you stay.

I have only silence around me and time, a lot of time to think like when we used to play at night on that beach to take the moon with our hands!

Who knows if you remember when we tried to keep the moon with our foreheads! It was a game we always played, an excuse to kiss, to listen to our hearts beating madly.

Now after years I have returned to live in that house that saw us happy, from the window every morning I look at the "Canusa" our beach, you should see it those reeds that one night we planted around a dune have become high, now they are a beautiful and thick reeds, where you can find shelter from the heat right on that white sand dune in the middle of an intense green ...

We have never met again!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento